Thursday, April 20, 2006

Colorado to Flagstaff

We left Pueblo, Colorado about 7am and headed towards our second destination....Flagstaff. The drive seemed to go by quickly; perhaps it was because of a prayer that I had prayed that morning. I had hoped that the day would go by somewhat quickly. I was anxious to get to Arizona.

We arrived in Flagstaff about 5:30pm. It was cool and very pretty with tons of trees. We checked into our hotel and noticed an Outback Steakhouse in walking distance from our hotel. So for those who know us we walked right over and made ourselves at home. Had a great dinner.

After dinner we went to the hotel lobby since our key wouldn't work to our room, though it did work prior to heading over to the Outback. At the front desk we find out that the clerk at the front desk had given our key to another customer. I about freaked out...I mean we had left our computers, my purse and belongings in the room. We had no idea that they would issue another key to the room. Thankfully nothing was taken. This hotel had the loudest guests I have ever heard. About midnight the people above us seemed to weight 600 lbs. they made so much noise just walking around. Then about 1:00am the neighbors to the left of us must have invited a group of friends over. Finally, I just got up at 5:00am when some guests were leaving and one of them decided to have a discussion with her dog right outside of the door to our room. Rick was so wonderful in planning our trip and adding some time for me to sleep in that morning but it just didn't work out.

We head out for breakfast and decide to fill our cars up with gas before hitting Cracker Barrel. I had to pay in advance, so I left my credit card with the cashier. When I came inside to pay I notice that she is handing my credit card to the man in front of me. I poked my head into their conversation and said, "Is that my credit card?" The man seemed confused and the woman then realized what she had done and took the card from him and handed it to me. Then she handed him his driver’s license with his picture on it. Maybe she was going to give me his driver’s license but I didn't look like at 5'5" Hispanic man. Again, thankfully God was watching out for us.

We finally ended up at Cracker Barrel for breakfast. This is not one of our favorite restaurants but it was close and served breakfast so we ventured out for something new. I must say I learned from that visit that they have the BEST Pecan Pancakes. I couldn't believe how good they were...and I usually don't order pancakes...but I sure am glad that I did that morning. When the check came we noticed that the cashier gave us someone else's check. It was a better deal for us but we did ask for our bill and got that taken care of.

Finally on the road by 8:00am to Phoenix, our home destination.

No comments: