Thursday, April 20, 2006

Heading to Seattle

We are on our way to Seattle. We decided to take a little vacation and drive up the coast. We did think about flying but soon we will both be working and who knows when the opportunity to drive up the west coast will come along again. Neither Rick nor I have ever driven up the west coast. I've done some driving on the east coast but not the west.

I was really kind of bummed leaving Arizona today. I really like it and want to explore the city. This weekend they had a NASCAR event taking place...that would have been fun to go to. Plus I also have an old roommate who lives in Scottsdale that I'm looking forward to seeing again. Well, since we will be living there I suppose we'll have time to do all the things we want to.

We left Phoenix this morning at 7:00am and drove to Buttonwillow, CA. Arrived here at 3:00pm. Tomorrow we'll stay in Sacramento, CA. I am amazed at the hills between Los Angeles and Sacramento. Since I have never been to this part of California I was amazed to see the greenery and all of the hills. I said to Rick, this is what I would imagine Scotland to look like. Just amazing. There are so many places in the United States that I would like to see.

I was also amazed at all of the smog as we drove through LA and it's suburbs. I told Rick to try not to breathe. Seems like it would be so unhealthy to live in that for a long period of time.

We drove into Buttonwillow tonight after we had dinner and a Starbucks Frap for dessert. What a small little town. And I couldn't believe all of the electrical towers around it. There were tons! I wondered if it was really even safe to live there, but I didn't see anyone glowing so maybe it's fine.

Looking forward to going to Sacramento tomorrow...maybe we'll run into Arnold.

No comments: