Thursday, April 27, 2006

Leaving Seattle...heading home

We left our Seattle hotel this morning at 4:15am. Our first stop was the airport to drop off my dad. His flight left around 6:30am. It was sad to say goodbye. I haven’t seen him since 1997 so it was really nice seeing him and being able to spend some time with him. Picture below of Dad and I at the airport:











Once we dropped him off, then we were off. We headed out of Seattle down I-5 and then picked up HWY 101. We followed the 101 through Oregon and are currently in Crescent City, California.

The drive was breathtaking! The ocean, the trees, the mountains…the sand dunes…all of it. It was just intoxicating. I’ve included some pictures below:










We drove for about 12 hours today. It was a long drive but we stopped often to take in the views. Once we got to Crescent City we found a Hampton Inn right on the beach and stopped in to see if they had an available room since we didn’t make any hotel reservations. They did have a room so as I write this I am also looking out of our open window at the ocean and listening to waves roll in. It’s an amazing view. I wish we had a view like this everyday. We are so blessed to have gotten this room and view. Below are 2 pictures from the window of our hotel:










Tomorrow we are going to visit the Redwoods and then continue heading south. So I’ll try to post more tomorrow.

No comments: