Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Last day in Seattle

Today is the last day we will be in Seattle. I've had a fantastic time spending time with my husband, sister, brother-in-law and dad. We have laughed so much and just really enjoyed each other. It's one of the best "vacations" I have taken.

Yesterday, we spent most of the day at Pike's Market. What a great spot! I wish I lived near a place like this. It's a fish market, flower market, artist market, you can find almost anything there. The flowers that are sold at the market were just gorgeous and they were pretty inexpensive. I would have fresh flowers weekly if we lived here.

We all went to Seattle's Best coffee shop today. Wish we had one of these in Arizona...who knows maybe we do...I haven't lived there long enough to know what is there and what's not. I really do think my Dad is hooked on the stuff. I think he'll be taking his wife and exploring Florida for coffee shops now....I'm not sure how good of an influence I have been on him.

Rick and Bob decided last night to take a ride up to the top of the space needle. They said it was remarkable to see all the lights from the top.

We took Laura and Bob to the airport this afternoon about 2pm. They head home today and will probably be home about midnight. Dad leaves tomorrow morning about 6:30am, so we'll drop him off at the airport around 5am and them we'll head out. We are planning on taking HWY 101 down the coast on our return trip to Arizona, visiting the Redwoods, stopping in San Francisco and seeing the Golden Gate Bridge. I'm excited about this. I've heard it's a beautiful drive and I've never been through northern California. I'll be making posts and posting pictures of our journey.

Pray for safe travels!

Pictures:

1. All of us at Pikes Market
2. Rick at the Market
3. Me and my favorite sister, Laura at the Market
4. Pikes Market
5. Another picture of the Market



No comments: